counter create hit sublurbs
Sublurbs

Friday, June 16, 2006

One gripe and three goodies.

Gripe: Sprint. Dealt with customer service on the phone three times about the exact same situation, and each time was given the runaround. Damn - I hope T-Mobile will pay my early termination fee so I can switch to them.

Goodie One: Jodi Picoult's "My Sister's Keeper." I was up 'til 3:30 in the morning finishing it last night, sobbing so hard I could hardly read the past page. A friend of mine said she read another of Picoult's novels and hated it, but I can only speak for this one.

Goodie Two: The new Quietdrive album. Okay, so I'm a little late. It has been out for a good two weeks, but I swear it's worth the buy. You can get it on iTunes - or if you like dealing with the actual physical album (which I've started to avoid), it's also at Best Buy. And they're not playing again in Minneapolis (at least a public show) until August, so you have a good two months to learn all the words and wear polka dots and get drunk and crazy at the show.

Goodie Three: The new Dropping Daylight album. This one has been less than a week. If you haven't heard about them yet, you will. They're most commonly compared to Ben Folds for the piano rock, but DD's a bit more... What did Hawthorne Heights say? Pissed off, I think. At least preview a couple songs on iTunes. You won't be disappointed. (Unless you don't have good taste in music. Then... You might be disappointed.) Best part - Sebastian, Seth and Rob are from the suburbs of Minneapolis.

Fitting, right?


-Lindsi

[sublurbed at 8:24 AM ] [ | ]