counter create hit sublurbs
Sublurbs

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The original plan was to write our first official post when we were drunk at my house last weekend, but that didn't happen. So, Aldie took it upon himself to write a pretty useless blurb about all the shows he has gone to recently - without offering anything substantial criticism or praise of any of them.

And it had a lot of typos.

Because I don't want this blog to turn into crap like my personal blog has, I took his post down. Sorry, Aldie - no one's interested in hearing the play by play of your life unless you have something interesting to say.

(Which, for the record, he already admitted he doesn't. Not at the time of writing that post, at least.)

(You may already notice we have a pretty honest friendship. I'm usually the less friendly one. But it's real - that's important.)

I went to a pre-screening of American Dreamz last night with my friend (Katie) from high school who's interning at KARE 11. Some city promotions group gives them movie tickets so they can do reviews on air, and Katie gets the leftovers when no one else wants them.

I had mixed reactions to the film. I knew it was supposed to poke fun at American Idol, but I had no idea how many political jabs it would take at our doofus president. Which was fun... Don't get me wrong. The only annoyance I had with that part was that Dennis Quaid actually made Bushie-poo seem a little endearing, rather than completely incompetent. And most of the jokes were too blatant to be legitimately funny, although I let out plenty of chuckles at different times. Mandy Moore did a good job - the movie was supposed to be obnoxious, so it's not like she'll get an Oscar or anything. All I'm saying is obnoxious and loud is good for her. (As opposed to the whole leukemia victim thing in A Walk to Remember - a movie I enjoy ONLY because I'm a girl and I HAVE to.)

Katie and I had a good little pre-movie chat with her coworker (a producer at KARE) and her sister. They provided a humorous little inside look at what it's like to be a young business woman in Minneapolis... A conversation I need to have with people more often.

(My occasional discontent - or maybe my occasional contentment - with my job is pretty fluid. I don't really know what I should be expecting from my first "grown-up job." But, that's a whole 'nother story.)

Off to work.

(I'll make Aldie fix his post soon.)

-Lindsi

[sublurbed at 7:25 AM ] [ | ]